West & Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop – Apply Here
However, Interested participants are encouraged to apply online on or before Saturday, 24th August, 2018
Requirement For West & Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop
- Submit motivation statement
- Submit (prior to arrival in Nigeria) a report on the human rights situation in your respective country (maximum 5 pages)
- Be actively involved in the last two years in human rights work
- Submit abridged curriculum vitae (maximum one page)
- Submit copy of passport
Resource Persons: Resource Persons will be drawn from the Organizers and Partners pool of Resource Persons.
Date and venue: 26 – 28 September, 2018 – Abuja, Nigeria
Languages: The Training of Trainers (TOT) will be directed in both English and French with simultaneous interpretation services.
Methodologies: The course will be conducted in both English and French with simultaneous interpretation facilities. It would comprise general lectures and discussion, debates, case studies and break-out sessions.
- Pool of Trainers on the African human rights system
- Familiar with the African human rights instruments, including theoretical and practical knowledge of the instruments
- Enhanced knowledge for advocacy, lobbying for engagement and litigation before the African Commission, African Court and Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child,
- Networking opportunity with civil society organizations on issues of mutual interest;
- Learning and sharing of best practices for engagement (for applying for observer status, filing communications, making statements at Commission’s Sessions, etc.)
Monitoring and Evaluation: An immediate evaluation will be carried out following the end of the TOT. A follow-up evaluation will be done six months thereafter to further evaluate how participant have progressed in engaging with the Mechanisms, if any.
Certificate: Participants would be certificated at the end of the training.
How to ApplyWest & Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop
The applicant should click on the link below to apply.
Contacts: For more information please contact: Ms. Joanna Forster–Assistant Project Officer – Email: email@example.com & Mr. John Gbenagnon – Communication and Information Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Adama Cooper-Jah – Administrator – Email: email@example.com